Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at shouldbe reading! To participate all you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure you don’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)


Confession time-- I kinda don't follow the Teaser Tuesday rules. I usually only post snippets I have read. I am a total freak when reading and I never ever like to look ahead in a book. So most of the time, my teasers have been handpicked from parts I have already read. *blushes*

 Order Now Hopeless

 



Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies...

That's what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she's never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past she wishes could just stay buried. 

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he's nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn't at all who he's been claiming to be. When the secrets he's been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky's life will change forever.




Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual content, harsh language and heavy subject matter involving abuse and other mature issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I ball my fists and frantically look around for something else to throw. I grab pillows off the bed and chuck them at the reflection in the mirror of the girl I no longer know. I watch as the girl in the mirror stares back at me sobbing pathetically. The weakness in he tears infuriates me. We begin to run toward each other until our fists collide against the glass, smashing the mirror. I watch as she falls into a million shiny pieces on the carpet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "What's your name?"

  "Breckin. And you are Sky. At least I hope you are. I guess I could have confirmed you identity before I spilled to you the details of my evil, sadistic plan to over take the school with our two person alliance."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( I usually only do two but I like this next one so.... Bonus!)


  "Also, I figured if we teamed up, we might prevent at least two unnecessary teenage suicides this year. So, what do you say? Do you want to be my very bestest friend ever in the whole wide world?"

  I laugh. How could I not laugh at that? "Sure. But if the book sucks, we're reevaluating the friendship."





No comments:

Post a Comment