Monday, December 3, 2012

Review: Chance by Monica D. Pitts Lack

3 Stars


   Haunted by a bloody past, Claire Devereux finds herself running for her life the summer after her high school graduation. Four years later, things are starting to look up for Claire. She has a new job, new friends, and an undeniable interest in a Navy Pilot. That is, until her past catches up with her. This time, there is no running. Embracing the life she has tried to forget, Claire is ready to fight for survival. Armed with a new found confidence, it is time to take back what is hers.











   My thoughts; This is Monica D. Pitts Lack's debut. It was great to see an author finally realize their dream of writing by publishing their first book. The storytelling was pretty good. I see room for this author to grow but over all, I think she did a really good job. 

   At the beginning of the book I was a little confused because I felt as though I was missing information. But as I got further in, I realized that is the way the author intended. The story unfolds as it is taking place. It all comes together nicely with a little action in there as well. And then it ends with a bang. 

   I am curious to see where this author goes from here. Check out the link below and show some love for a brand new author. 


No comments:

Post a Comment