Monday, November 19, 2012

Review: Lust on Tap by Liz Crowe

3.5/4 Stars

When brewery owner Dustin Prufrock meets sexy saleswoman Helena Turner, sparks fly—angry sparks. They seem destined to clash, until a hot hookup in a cold beer cooler changes everything.
For Dustin, it’s a life-changing moment that sets him on a path away from his birthright, while Helena faces her fears about committing to a man considered the playboy of the micro-brewing world. The power of preconceived notions nearly tears them apart—until they meet up with Dustin’s friend Erik, who provides an erotic and emotional connection that completes them all.
But fate has different plans. When Dustin is forced to honor his responsibilities as heir to a large business, Helena and Erik are thrown together in an attempt to run Dustin’s brewery. Now the strength and trust of their once-balanced threesome has been shattered…and mutual lust might not be enough to keep them all together.




   My Thoughts; This author comes very highly recommended to me by a very good friend. She has been saying "Read Her" for months now and I finally got a chance to try one of her books.

  I had my likes and dislikes but mostly just a lot of like. I like the characters. Helena is a pigheaded, strong willed woman who takes no crap from anyone. Dustin is the typical rich boy who is trying to make his Mom happy so he makes all the wrong decisions. Erik is the totally hot "friend" that will just tell you how it is whether you wanna hear it or not. I liked the story line. I like the angst, well who am I kidding, we all know I LOVE angst. 

   The only thing I did not like about this book and it is a huge thing with me, is the time jump. When something crucial happens and I turn the page and see blah blah years later a part of me just cringes. I don't know why. But no matter how many books I read like this it always drops the rating for me a little. It is totally a personal thing and in no way reflects on the story or the writer. 

   Now that we have gotten my mental issues out of the way, let's continue. 

Reading this book was an emotional experience to say the least. I would get so mad with the characters that, at one point, I was actually talking out loud to them. I would get so overcome by the *ahem* that I would have to check to make sure I wasn't drooling. I was literally stressing over how this would end all the way to the last page. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who loves a good romance novel.

**Note, this book contains a menage. m/f/m and also m/m and m/f relationships.







No comments:

Post a Comment