Thursday, November 1, 2012

Collision Course by S.C. Stephans

4 Stars



Lucas had it all--popularity, a devoted girlfriend, a brotherly best friend, and a loving mother who would do anything for him. His life was right on course to be successful and fulfilling...until the crash changed everything.

Late at night, during a sudden downpour, three young lives are lost and Lucas, the lone survivor, is left to face the consequences. Surrounded by swirling gossip as to what really happened that fateful evening, Lucas now finds himself an outcast. Shunned by former friends, condemned by the people of his small town, and riddled by his own guilt and self-hatred, he struggles to find hope, find peace, and maybe, even find love.


Amazon.com description


   My Thoughts; Wow, this was a super heavy emotional read. I have lost loved ones tragically and at some points this one was a little hard to read but at the same time it was also cathartic in a way.

   I am a firm believer that there is power in dreams. And while some may say, "It's just a dream." To you they can feel more real than reality

   Taking this journey is with Lucas is not an easy one but in the end it is all worth it. I shed many tears while reading this and at some points I was sobbing uncontrollably. I knew this was going to be a tearjerker, and that is why it has waited on my TBR list for so long. I am very glad that I finally broke down a read it. Not only did a portion of the purchase price go the a good cause (*see note) but I found another great read by an author I love.


  Note- Think Pink this October! $1 of every Collision Course book purchased during October 15th - 31st will be donated to the amazing efforts of the Noreen Fraser Foundation in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.



No comments:

Post a Comment