Monday, October 22, 2012

White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert

5+ Stars

(Beautiful Series book 1)


"I'm not naive. I know I don't get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I've made peace with that. That doesn't mean I'm going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me. "

Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Ga with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. One day Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt but being with Tucker will come at a high price.

Amazon.com description


   My thoughts after reading; This is one of those books that will stay with you. The characters are so real that they set up residence in your heart and they will live there for the rest of your life.

   When I met Cass my first thought was, this girl is going to get to me. I am gonna fall in love with her and when she hurts I am gonna feel it. When she cries, I will too. When she is smiling, I will smile along with her. A part of her is dying inside. Her life is breaking her spirit and all I wanted to do was be her best friend and tell her everything would be ok.

  Then I met Tucker and I just knew that he is the key to her survival. This is the man who is gonna swoop in and take her away from all the bad. But what happens when the bad isn't so easy to walk away from. What do you do when part of the bad is your Mom? Your Mom, who you love and can not bear leaving alone because you are afraid she will not make it without you.

   I watched as it seemed Cass would have all her dreams come true. Only to have it ripped away by all of her insecurities. The closer I came to the end of this book the more my heart ached for more. I will be waiting on pins and needles for the second and third installments of this series.


Happy Reading!! :-)


Selena

No comments:

Post a Comment