Monday, July 16, 2012

Was that me who Squeeee'd???

I want to take a few minutes and tell you all a little story.


Once upon a time in a land far far away.......


   Wait!! Not that kind of story!! I do need to take you back in time a few weeks but I promise the trip will be quick. On June 27th I was feeling a little blue, that particular day marked 6 months since my Father passed away so I decided to make myself a little comfort food for lunch. I didn't really put much thought into it. we had just went grocery shopping and I had a taste for pot pie so I bought a couple for the freezer. Again, didn't really think much of it. I was sitting down going through my regular pot pie eating routine. 
(Yes, I do have a routine for eating pot pie. I am a weird individual, get over it. lol) 
   I had finished eating the top crust and was proceeding on to the filling when all of a sudden it hit me. I had to stop and have a little moment. Looking back, I think my sub-conscience knew that pot pie was exactly what I needed that day. (I will explain in a second)

  A few days earlier I had finished the book Slammed by Colleen Hoover. It touched my heart in a way that I would never be able to put into words and it just so happened that on that same day Colleen made a blog post called;


  I read the blog and did as I was asked. I posted my sweet. My particular sweet was a bitter sweet but a sweet just the same. I would like to share it with you........

****
It is funny how the most insignificant thing can bring back such bitter sweet memories. I am having a Marie Callendar’s chicken pot pie for lunch. As I am eating and picking out the carrots as I go, it occurs to me the last time I had one of these was with Daddy. When he started losing his appetite toward the end the only thing I could get him to eat, and eat every last bite, was a Marie Callendar’s chicken pot pie. I would sit down at the table and pick out all out the English peas from him because he hated peas which I love, and I would pick out all of my carrots because I hate the carrots which he loved. And we would trade. I would eat his peas and he would eat my carrots. And we would jokingly fuss at each other for not eating all of our veggies. So while I sit here with tears of remembrance in my eyes, looking at the neat little pile of carrots on the side of my plate, I am so glad I cooked this Marie Callendar’s chicken pot pie for lunch today. And you wanna know what else? 


I’m STILL not going to eat my carrots.
****

My comment was one of over 400 comments. Due to the overwhelming response Colleen decided to randomly pick 30 names from the comment thread. Guess who's name happen to be one of them?!? MEEEE!!! Forgive me while I take a moment to do my Happy Dance......


\(^.^\)       \(^.^)/      (/^.^)/

And NOW......
Thank You Mr. Post Man!!!

For bringing me my SWEET for today!!

And THANK YOU Colleen Hoover for this awesome story and characters I can totally relate to on a heart to heart basis. I will cherish this book forever and always and I wish you many many more years of success and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment