Monday, July 2, 2012

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

3.5 Stars

Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex -boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With a bad reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah. It’s a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.


Amazon.com Description





6/21/12
My thoughts before reading; I have to admit I went back and forth on this one. I had it pop up as a goodreads recommendation and I read the description and thought, meh. Well a couple of my girls had read it and they also recommended it, so I added it to my TBR list. I am an angst loving girl. When it comes to books, the more angst the better. And I was promised this one would not disappoint. So....here goes nothing........

****
6/23/12
My after thoughts;  I want to retract my angst comment.This one almost did me in. I loved it however, all the way up until the end. And then, it ended and NOT how I wanted and I am kind of having a moment right now. 


I feel as though I need to repeat the fact that I really enjoyed this book but at the same time the only things popping into my head to say are the things I didn't like. I am not going to list them because it may possibly turn someone away. TBH, the things I really hated are the things that also made me keep reading. It was sucking me in and I just could not escape.
  This book is a true testament that even the smallest decision can impact your life in a big way. Olivia is dealing with so much internal scarring that she doesn't even know how to begin to have a healthy relationship.  And Caleb is not innocent. He made some pretty stupid decisions himself. And personally I blame him for the way things turn out in the end. Olivia was ready to start over, to finally love him in the way he deserved and she was beginning too. Then Leah, well all I am saying about her is, grrrrrrr. But Caleb, this is your fault and you know why!!!
  I hope anyone who reads this enjoys it in the same way I did. It is loaded with angst and betrayal and love and loss and lying and heartache and every other emotion that comes along with those things.


Happy Reading!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is another one I keep hearing about, I bought it without even reading the blurb due to a trusted friends recommendation. Now I'm thinking- do I really want to GO THERE??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an angst loving girl, usually I say the more the better BUT when this book ended I said "WHY GOD WHY" did I read this??? I did enjoy the book but it was just a little to much for me. And that is definitely saying something. I say save it til you are in a "lifetime movie" kinda mood. LOL

      Delete