Friday, July 6, 2012

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

4 Stars
(Night Prince book 1)

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all--but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him - a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

Amazon.com description

6/26/12
My thoughts before reading; Ah, Vlad Tepesh how I have waited for your book release.......
Yeah that pretty much sums up how I am feeling about reading this book. Ok gotta go *squeeee*


****


6/27/12
My After thoughts; Ok, I would like to first call you attention to the cover photo, go ahead I will give you a few minutes to oogle at him........................................................................................ Ok, now I will tell you STOP looking because this Vampire is MINE!! Well not really but a girl can dream, right? Ok, so I got the audio book for this one and somewhere around lets say, I don't know, chapter 23 maybe Vlad said the following;
"You are meant for me, and I will have you."


  *Gasp. Gulp. Thud* And then Layla spoke up and I realized he was not speaking to me. I proceeded to scoop up the puddle of goo formerly known as Me, took a ragged breath and continued listening. I was so happy with this book I can't even put it into words. I only have one complaint and I really don't want to say because there are more books to come. However, I already posted said complaint on my goodreads page so I might as well share it with you all too. 
  I really, wanted Vlad's POV, it did't need to be the whole book but a little here and there would have been really awesome. For those who have read the Night Huntress and Night Huntress World books, we are all very familiar with Vlad and his arrogance coupled with the perfect amount of sarcasm and witty quips. So I just wanted to be in his head to hear the thoughts that come along with all of that personality. I a really anxious to see where this series goes from here. I will be waiting on pins and needles for the next one I assure you.

Happy Reading!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment