Monday, June 25, 2012

Master at Arms by Kallypso Masters

3 Stars
(Rescue me book 1)

Masters at Arms begins the journey of three men, each on a quest for honor, acceptance, and to ease his unspoken pain. Their paths cross at one of the darkest points in their lives. As they try to come to terms with the aftermath of Iraq--forging an unbreakable bond--they band together to start their own BDSM club. But will they ever truly become masters of their own fates? Or would fate become masters of them? (Book One in the Rescue Me series.)

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: This is an introduction to the erotic-romance series RESCUE ME. The Happily Ever After endings come in the following three Romance novels, but you won't be able to follow the men in their romances as well without this backstory. (The author doesn't rehash what has come before in the series and the books are not standalones. The characters continue to work on their relationships over several books, not in a single Romance, but the romances DO have happy endings.) WARNING: There are some intense themes in this book, including surviving the death of a spouse, dealing with the horrors of incest and being tortured as a sex slave, and dealing with the aftermath of war (including a wounded warrior with PTSD and an amputation injury)

Amazon.com Description

My thoughts before reading; To be honest I am a little nervous to read this book. But alas, I am doing my book club duty.......



Let me explain the nervous part. I am a little afraid of the BDSM aspect. I have read the following; Fifty Shades trilogy (Had no idea going in that it was BDSM. I read before the hype hit. LOVED) Bared to you (it was described as Fifty like but the BDSM was just not there so I was ok. LOVED) The Reluctant Dom (I was terrified to start it. I knew it was hardcore BDSM. Shivered alot at some of it but the story was so worth it. LOVED) once I finished TRD I said I wouldnt try any more. Well here I am once again....... Stay tuned for my after thoughts

****

After thoughts:  Being that this was just an introduction to the Rescue Me series, it was not as "scary" as I was expecting. I actually like the characters and as always have my favorite of the three. I am still quite terrified of the BDSM and I think for that reason I may put off reading this series for a little longer. However, I am very curious to see where Damian ends up. He was my favorite from the get go. All the charaters are very strong men, soldiers, war heroes. How could you not love them? I kind of feel as though maybe I am not the right person to recommend/not recommend this series. But, if the author can make, ME want to read on then imagine how someone who loves this type of series will feel reading it. 


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment