Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

 4 Stars
(Bloodlines book 2)

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.


Amazon.com description






My thoughts before reading;  I have been in love with these characters for what seems like a lifetime so reading this book is a no-brainer. I did have a hard time getting into Bloodlines, because the new POV threw me a little. It was hard to be in Sydney's mind. She has been taught her whole life to fear the Moroi and Dhampires and now she is living among them and starting to see them as individuals not just as something "other". 


And after the final sentence of Bloodlines, how could a true VA fan not be salivating over this one.............



****
My afterthoughts; I think having Dimitri around was the buffer I needed to get me more into Sydney's POV. She spent more time with the Moroi and Dhampires and it put me back into my comfort zone. And now that I am more comfortable with her, my feelings are this;



Part of me wants to sit down and have a long talk with Ms. Sage. Where I would take her by the shoulders and say, "Sydney....Are you insane??" I am almost positive there would be some shaking involved as well. How can someone so smart be so clueless?


I really did love this book. Does it live up to my feelings for VA? Not yet. Does it have the potential too? Absolutely. Adrian still gives me butterflies. I have loved him ever since before Rose stomped on his heart and that feeling has not dulled at all. I do not want to see that happen again. I am once again set in "wait it out" mode. The wait between books will be my ultimate down fall one day.



Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment