Monday, June 4, 2012

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

4 Stars

(Night Huntress World #2)
An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness...and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears - this fearless, beautiful....human who braved death to rescue him. Though her burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.
Amazon.com description
My thoughts; I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by Mencheres. Ever since the first time I met him I have been a little creeped out by him. I dont know why. I just always had the mental picture of him as the old Nosferatu from the old films. I knew he didnt look like that but well, tell that to my brain. Anyhoo, I really did fall completely in love with him in this book. He was way more than I expected. Kira was just an all around cool chic. She may have a slight problem with keeping her mouth shut but I will not hold that against her, since this is a trait we both share. *grins* I have to be honest for just a second though. I am really rushing through these books so I can read Vlad's book. Which releases in June. I always get the school girl giggles whenever he shows up. I just love him! And this book was no exception to his wit or appeal. Frost has created a world that I just love to get lost in.

Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment