Friday, June 8, 2012

Effortless by SC Stephans

5 Stars
   (Thoughtless #2)


After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledged to learn from the mistakes she’d made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera’s love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy…trust is hard.


Amazon.com Description







My thoughts; 
Talk about misleading titles. Here I thought, "Effortless? Sounds like the relationship will be smooth sailing from here." Boy was I wrong. Take Keira's overwhelming sense of guilt over what she has done to Denny and add that to the deep seated jealousy she has over Kellan's past and then top it off with her insecurities and low self esteem and you have a recipe for disaster. Then you take Kellan's fear of being left and add in all his guilt over Denny and his deep seated issues and you are all prepared for an epic fail!!

I was all set when I started this for the roller coaster ride that I knew it would be. But what I wasn't prepared for was the feeling that everything I thought to be true suddenly being clouded by doubt. I physically ached while reading this book. The angst was almost unbearable. The longing Keira feels for Kellan when he is away to the burning she feels for him when the are together. I could easily read about these characters forever. I look forward to the third installment of this series. Well I am off to search the internet for a D-bag shirt. I think it will make the perfect jammies.

Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment