Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

 4 Stars

(A Crossfire Novel)
Our journey began in fire...Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness--beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Amazon.com description


My thoughts; I find it necessary to point out that this is not typically the type of book I read. Usually the cover alone would have me turning the other direction. But this thing happened to me last month that I can sum up with two words. Christian Grey!! After several of my book club friends had read this book they told me it was very fifty-ish so I said I would give it a shot.

This is truly a relationship that had "Doomed" stamped on it from the beginning. It starts out with and intense physical attraction, followed by a very crude proposition, followed by an understanding, followed by two people's world being rocked to the core. Eva and Gideon are perfect for each other one minute and the worst possible thing in the next. And Me?? I am completely in love with this story. We are left hanging at the end of this book, so many questions left unanswered. I need to know what is going on in Gideon's head. Eva's story is apparent because we are reading from her POV. But Gideon is such a mystery. I want to know more about Cary (Eva's roomate), he is fighting demons of his own and I hurt for him. I would like for Corrine and Magdalene to dissapear, I just know they are going to cause by blood pressure to rise. All in all I was pretty happy with the storyline. I will definitely be reading the next in this series.

**Warning**
This an erotic novel. Sometimes it was a little more that I was comfortable with. So if that is not your cup of tea you have been forewarned. (I am thinking maybe I should have put this on my Fifty Shades Reviews, but I guess the news coverage has since remedied that necessity)


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment