Friday, April 13, 2012

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

4 Stars

(Night Huntress book 3)

Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.


Amazon.com description


My thoughts; I have to say I am really loving this series. Part of me wants to just sit down and read every single book back to back. And then the other part of me says, "No!! Drag it out! Savor it!" I think the former is winning the war at the moment.


I read book one and two of this series before I started my re-read of another series. As soon as the newest release in that series was devoured, I promptly returned to this one. This installment, while I don't feel lived up to the first two, was still amazing. I feel like the main characters are comfortable with where they are in their relationship with each other. That's not to say that there were not major potholes in their road called life. Trust me there are some doozies!

In this book, in edition to the main characters, we also have the side characters whom we have come to love throughout the first two books. Tate, who I have just a little bit of a soft spot for, along with the other fellows from her team. You have Annette, who I do not really care for, but I found myself warming to her in this story. Cat's Mom, what do I have nice to say about Cat's Mom??? OK, I am coming up blank. And several others that we know as well by now.

Then we have the newest addition to the story aka Vlad. I am loving him so far and I am pretty sure he will have me swooning before you know it.

There are actually two places in this book that had me wanting to stop and go no further. But I pressed on and I am glad I did. This series is definitely worth the read. I love that I find myself laughing even in a tense situation. Cat has a wonderful sense of humor. And her ability to joke about anything (even if it is only a thought in her own head) makes me really love her. She isn't afraid to say how she feels, even if it gets her into trouble. And she stands up for the people she loves. I would recommend this series to anyone (well anyone over the age of YA) they are a quick read and very easy to get in to.

Happy Reading!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment