Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

4 Stars

(Soul Screamers #2)
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand.
Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….

Description for Amazon.com

    My thoughts; I was just as pleased with this book as the last. I feel we learn a little more about Kaylee's world and the Netherworld as well. Kaylee has started bean sidhe lessons and she doesn't feel quite as "lost" as she did in book one. I love that her Dad is with her now but I also have the same "ok and where were you when..." moments that Kaylee has. We are introduced to a media conglomerate in this book that sounds suspiciously like Disney. I think maybe the author has a little problem with all the child exploitation that is today's idea of entertainment. (What the..? Where did that soapbox come from? Ahem, let me just put that away. Any-who, moving on...)

  There were a few steamy times between Kaylee and Nash and I had to remind myself that this it YA. They were skating the too juicy line, but then in pops Tod and the moment is averted (gawh). I said after reading the last book that I loved the characters and that has not changed. Kaylee's overwhelming need to do what she thinks is right is remarkable and can sometimes border on insane. I can't say it is a bad thing at all. I love that she is a strong female and she doesn't back down, no matter the consequences to herself. I am very happily moving on to the next in the series.....


Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment