Friday, February 10, 2012

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

4.5 Stars

(Soul Screamers #3)

Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.
Until something does.
Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.
And so is someone else…


Description from Amazon.com


   My thoughts; Every so often you find a book or series of books that from the moment you pick it up you know you are done for. You fall so deeply in love with the characters that you actually feel how they feel. I have also found that, for me, when I come across a series after several if not all of the books have been published this holds especially true. When I find myself able to read several books in a series back to back, I lose myself in them. I completely give myself over to the experience of being trapped in their world. Which feeds my desire and love for paranormal fiction.

 My heart is shattered after reading this book. Teenage angst once again setting up shop deep in the pit of my stomach. It makes me both long for that feeling of innocence that comes with being a teenager in love for the first time, as well as thankful that I am long past that stage in my life. That being said I am so proud of Kaylee. She really is a rock. Even when her world is crashing down around he she doesn't wallow in the "poor pitiful me" that she so rightly deserves. She handles herself with the maturity of someone twice her age. Bravo! We get to know Emma a little better in this story and I was glad to see more of the relationship her and Kaylee have. Sophie, what can I say, she is a spoiled brat and is completely clueless about the world that surrounds her. Tod is the reluctant knight in shining armor, well maybe dull armor but armor just the same. You always think he will let you down but then, there he is, right when you need him. And Nash.....sigh. Yep just sigh. I am highly recommending this series to anyone. And as for me...I am on to the next!!

Happy Reading!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment