Thursday, November 3, 2011

Destined (A House of Night Novel) by PC Cast and Kristin Cast

3 Stars

Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet – which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together – if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow…
But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia’s handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there’s the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more – or possibly less – than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there’s something strangely familiar about him…
Will Neferet’s true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox’s humanity in time to protect him – and everyone – from his own fate? Find out what’s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

Description from Amazon.com

My thoughts; I started this series a couple years ago, and for reasons I have yet to understand, I keep coming back again and again. There is nothing awe-inspiring about the story. The characters, while I love each one of them in my own little way, are kind of recycled. (Ok, maybe that only makes sense in my head) I feel like they are for the most part exactly the same as when we all met in book one, which was like a bazillion books ago. Despite all they have been through, I don't feel like they have grown/matured/changed. I do realize that although I have been reading this series for a couple of years, and even though there have been (I reiterate) a bazillion books, I don't think they have made it through more than a full school year. I really wish this series had been done in several larger books with a end evident anywhere in the future. I feel it is being strung out and I fear that one day a new one will come out and I will just not pick it up. It is not in my nature to leave a series like this, unfinished. It is a major character flaw..... I am working on it. =)

Ok, now for the upside. I really do love the story. I can't wait to see how it will all come to an end. I have cried, laughed, gotten completely and insanely mad! I end each book thinking why do I have to wait for another. And YES, I will read it as soon as it comes out. Because no matter how I feel about the length of the series, it has that little "something" that it takes to keep me involve in the lives of these characters. I can't wait to see how things go down with Neferet. Kalona is back and well let's just say he is back. Aurox's secret is yet to be revealed to everyone and the fall out from that could be catastrophic! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who would like a short read and doesn't mind having to wait out an end.
Happy Reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment