Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely Book 2) by Melissa Marr

3/5 stars


Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.
Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.
The tattoo does bring changes--not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . .


  My Thoughts: Several months ago I read Wicked lovely (book 1) by Melissa Marr. While it was a good book, I was left with that feeling where you are not really sure what to do next. I thought to myself, "Did I really enjoy this enough to invest the time to read the whole series?"
  Well, I was sitting in my living room the other day, thinking...."Okay, something is missing!" And then it occurred to me that I didn't have anything new to read. So, I went into the ibook store and purchased Ink Exchange. I didn't want to get to involve with something new simply because August is the month of several of my most highly anticipated book releases. So, obviously I am planning my reading schedule very carefully.

 Sorry, I am rambling! Where was I... Oh yeah...

  I was pleasantly surprised by Ink Exchange. I went into it totally expecting it to pick up right where Wicked Lovely left off. But, no! What I got was a brand new story. Yes, the characters were the same, with a few additions, but the POV changed. I LOVED this about the book. Niall was just Yummy. Irial, dangerously tempting. Keenan, urrgh... I know he means well but still. And Aislinn, well she is a little too "everything is better with ice cream" type for me. The story kept me interested for the most part and all though I did not devour the book like I have done with others, I think that next time I am at a point where everything on my reading list has been checked off I will definitely check out "Fragile Eternity (book 3)".

No comments:

Post a Comment